Sunday 7 July 2013

Where I'm at

So, obviously, I have started this blog because I myself am not going to university [SHOCK! HORROR!COVER YOUR EYES CHILDREN, DON'T READ THE SHAME!]

-therefore, I thought it would be a good idea to update you on my story and how I am doing at the moment.


I left sixth-form officially on the 15th of May this year and finished off my A levels until the 15th of June so I am currently waiting for my results which will be available on the 16th of August. 

It is now  14 minutes to 1 on the 8th of July, leaving me with........................ the rest of my life to figure out what I want to do.
If you read my other blogs or follow me on twitter or have read my profile, you'll know that I am interested in writing/journalism/PR/communications and a bit of marketing [Hello and how do you do to any prospective employers] so I have some idea of where I want to apply to and how I am going to go about doing that.
I started applying for apprenticeships/internships/employment a month ago and have heard nothing back after applying for four positions.
 So I am going to continue to apply at every magazine I can think of, every PR agency, every communications department and any marketing departments that have openings. 
I do not want to end up sitting up home or working at Primark for the rest of my life, however, I have to pick up some more hours there for the summer. 
In my first post, I told you how my school didn't really help those who didn't plan on going to university, so I have been and will be 100% doing this on my own, which isn't a problem although a little help would have been nice.

Having said that, I do have some means of helping myself, for example:

I check the apprenticeships.org.uk website regularly for any updates
I have gorkana jobs send me emails when positions open up in fields I'm interested in
I follow journalist jobs on twitter 

I apply and will be applying to all that I can in order to get a job or some work experience in order to begin my career,


I'll keep you updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment