Thursday 14 August 2014

Results day 2014

Well done to everyone on their results!
Its finally over and done with so celebrate that you've survived two of the toughest academic years of your life- you've finished!
I hope you got what you expected of your results or you were pleasantly suprised, its probably time to get drunk/ go to a party/go to a family meal/ see your friends/ get drunk.
Maybe you didn't get what you were hoping for and now its probably time to get drunk/ go to a party/go to a family meal/see your friends/get drunk.
Either way, you're future hasn't really changed that much, your distant future anyway. Maybe you'll go back and do some resits, maybe you'll go in to clearing, maybe you get your second or third choice of uni, maybe you go on your gap year, maybe you go in to clearing, maybe you get a job, maybe an apprenticeship, maybe you go to college. What ever it is this day will in no way harm your future. Trust me.
Every year there are more and more options to help you do what you want to do.

A year on from my results day and I am not the same person. I was quite disappointed with my results but I knew they weren't the be-all and end-all (I promise they're not) and look at me now. One results day and a bit of hard work later and I work at

Don't compare yourself to your friends or siblings or cousins or look at how other people in the country did-it won't change your results. Of course, if you decide to do some resits you can think about where you went wrong but don't do it today, don't even do it this weekend. If you're going to have to drastically change your plans for September, do it. Just not today.

Now is the time to celebrate before you take the next step! (That third bottle of wine probably isn't a good idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment