Monday 12 August 2013

Results are looming!

Hi everyone,

So it's less than 3 days until A Level results day (dun dun dun!) and I am starting to worry!

At first I wasn't too bothered about my results because I'm not going to uni, but what ever qualifications you have are always going to be important. 
You might think you can leave school at 16 and step into an apprenticeship with 5 GCSEs but  a lot of apprenticeships will require specific qualifications; some may require certain A Levels or certain grades at GCSE so what ever stage your at, (it goes without saying) make sure you try your best! You don't want to limit your self before you've even started!

I have applied for 1000000000000 apprenticeships and internships and have been unsuccessful in them all, apart from one which I had an interview for last week. I am waiting to hear back for the results from that at some point at the end of this week. So Thursday and Friday have the potential to be amazing! Fingers crossed!


Like I have said in a previous post, results aren't everything. There is almost always a way to rectify your mistakes. AS Levels can be re-sat, (4 times if you're like my friend!) you can always resit a year of sixth form if you really need to, you might be able to defer your place at uni resit some of your exams to increase your UCAS points too. 


If all else fails with regard to exams- DON'T PANIC  You can find another way into your dream career. Just like university, exams and their results are not the be all and end all; they are a pathway to get you to an end goal



If you're worrying about results day, head over to notgoingtouni.co.uk for their results day survival guide

No comments:

Post a Comment